Creating “Funky Animal Hats” is an excellent idea to celebrate World Animal Day or have a wild animal themed party in the classroom. Your students will love it!
We have made a list of materials which you will need and we provide you with instructions on how to create the hats.
Feel free to include more materials for your students to use to decorate their hats.
Always keep in mind that handcrafts in the classroom are a great opportunity for you and your students to reuse material which would otherwise be recycled or binned.
1) A3 size light weight cardboard
2) Coloring pencils/ markers
4) Strings, ribbons or rubber bands to attach to the hats so they stay in place
5) Animal hat templates:
1) Print out your chosen animal on A3 paper or use templates to cut out in reused paper/carton
2) Color in your animal, be creative!
3) Cut along the outside outline
4) Cut along the black lines, including the four in the left corner
5) To wear your hat, fit the right corner into the left corner cut outs